Earth Day in Preschool 3
Preschool-3 virtual students began honing their consciousness of safe-guarding our Earth early in February. We had many conversations about the need for clean water. The students practiced virtually removing debris from lakes while reinforcing letter sounds. In the photos you will notice that Sarah, Steven, and Bryan take turns “removing” litter from a pond and putting the debris in the canoe corresponding to the sound of the object.
¡Salud es Vida!
Under the premise that health is life, our fourth and fifth graders are exploring what makes us healthy inside out, through perspectives of the Spanish-speaking world and our own.
Science in the Fifth Grade
As campus transitions from winter to spring, the 5th grade has been soaking up all the sunshine during Science class. The students have sparked imaginative discussions in class about our cosmic neighbors in the solar system. Scientists are currently discovering new information about other planets, which is inspiring the students to appreciate all that Earth has to offer.
D-E 360° Presents Spring Pop-Up Event Private Hikes at Flatrock Brook
We’ve figured out how to get out and be safe TOGETHER! Come out to enjoy a relaxing “night hike” at Flat Rock Brook Nature Center – exclusively for the Lower School families of Dwight Englewood School. Reflecting our COVID safety protocols, each hike will host a separate grade, thus maintaining our safety!
- Monday, May 3: Grade 2
- Tuesday, May 4: Grade 4
- Wednesday, May 5: Grade 1
- Thursday, May 6: Grade 5
- Friday, May 7: Kindergarten
- Monday, May 10: Grade 3
- Tuesday, May 11: PreSchool 3 & 4
Shake It Off: A D-E Community COVID-19 Challenge
Saturday, May 1, 2021 – Monday, May 31, 2021
- Complete 7,000 steps per day or use the activity converter daily beginning May 1 from absolutely anywhere, even from your treadmill and in as many workouts as you like.
- Log activities manually or connect a device.
- As steps are tracked or activities are logged, you will receive tips on healthy habits throughout the challenge. Once the challenge is completed, you will be mailed a D-E bulldog ribbon!
Author of Asian American Dreams / Educator / Activist
Tuesday, May 4 at 7 pm
- A Virtual Event on Zoom
- Presented in honor of Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- All D-E parents are invited to come together for conversation with this renowned Asian American educator and activist.
- To RSVP please click here; or visit: bit.ly/DEHelenZia – All who RSVP will receive Zoom link.
Social Media, Extremism, and Our Youth: A Conversation with Parents
by Andrew Marantz
Monday, May 10, 7-8:30 PM
A Zoom Parent Ed. Evening Event
Andrew Marantz traces how the unthinkable becomes reality: how alienated young people are easy prey, led down the rabbit hole of online radicalization; and how fringe ideas spread from festering in anonymous corners of the web, to being broadcast on cable TV.
What can we do to keep away “the gate crashers”—the white supremacists, conspiracists, and nihilist trolls who expertly use the internet to advance their poisonous agenda?
The health, well being, and safety of our D-E Families and Faculty/Staff are paramount. All in the D-E community can refer to www.d-e.org/covid for prior communications sent via Email related to COVID-19, and the School’s response; helpful resources links; and “Do’s & One Don’t” Health Tips to prevent the spread of illness.
To all in our D-E community: stay healthy and safe!
Now Playing @
Here you’ll find video vignettes capturing special activities and events for our Lower, Middle, and Upper School divisions; “breaking news” announcements, outstanding community achievements; and more.
We hope you enjoy this additional opportunity to sample and experience current life at Dwight-Englewood School, an authentic representation of “D-E today”.